Roberts Onsite’s team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working team, this opportunity is for you. The Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Coordinator position is located in Kitchener, Ontario and reports directly to the HSE Manager.
A Little About You:
You are passionate about safety, and are familiar with applicable laws and regulations in the construction industry! You have a strong work ethic and adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You have a keen eye for detail and are willing to take the steps necessary to see a task through to completion. You are calm under pressure, have a positive attitude, and are a self-motivated problem solver. You are an effective communicator and collaborate well with others. You are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to dig in and support the day's activities.
Your Role and Essential Job Functions:
- Liaise with the HSE Manager to ensure the company’s HSE System is compliant with current legislation and best practices, and communicated to all impacted individuals;
- Engage in internal and external COR audits;
- Support internal training initiatives and lead new hire orientations;
- Communicate HSE policies and procedures to clients, customers, and subcontractors;
- Participate in the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC);
- Provide dedicated safety coverage to various site locations across southwestern Ontario;
- Review and revise safe work procedures to ensure compliance;
- Conduct incident investigations, corrective actions, and return to work plans as applicable;
- Track various documents including HSE certifications, hazard assessments, and site inspections;
- Act with the best interest of Roberts Onsite at all times;
- Other duties as required.
- Post secondary diploma, degree or certificate in a safety related discipline;
- HSE training or equivalent, including NCSO designation, JHSC Part 1, JHSC Part 2 – Construction (certified member), COR Auditor, Foundations of Facilitating, Basics of Supervision, etc.;
- 5+ years of experience in a related position;
- Valid full G license with clean driving record;
- We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet the full requirements for this position;
- Those with more experience welcome to apply as well.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- SiteDocs an asset, but will train
- 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break)
- Paid vacation
- Dental, health and vision benefits package
- Group RRSP eligibility
- A team that encourages and supports professional development
The Team You Will Be a Part of:
Roberts Onsite is one of Ontario’s largest multi-trade contractors providing high-quality construction services, and turn-key solutions for industrial, commercial, and institutional clients across Southern Ontario. For over 80 years we have been delivering electrical, mechanical, millwrighting, and rigging expertise for all types of building services, and process machinery installations.