Roberts Onsite’s team is growing. If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. The Mechanical Purchaser position is located in Kitchener, Ontario and reports directly to the Mechanical Manager.
A Little About You:
You work well independently and in a team environment. You have a strong work ethic and adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You are an effective communicator and collaborate well with others. You are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to dig in in order to find solutions.
Your Role and Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of preparing purchase orders for the Mechanical Department;
- Source and purchase materials for field staff, service technicians, and project managers;
- Create and manage purchase orders and requisitions in Jonas;
- Ensure purchase orders are issued seamlessly and meet the needs of the internal requester;
- Obtain wholesaler pricing for estimators;
- Manage backorders and facilitate material returns;
- Update pricing databases for use in estimating;
- Work with the Accounts Payable department to manage invoices for approval, ensuring a thorough review of invoices for accuracy and validity;
- Manage relationships with cross-border brokerage firms;
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors;
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain best pricing, discounts, and prompt service, and resolve any issues that may arise;
- Keep up with market trends and pricing changes;
- General data entry;
- Act with the best interest of Roberts Onsite at all times;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, certificate courses in purchasing fundamentals or supply chain management
- Business administration program diploma or degree an asset
- 3+ years of experience in a related position
- We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet the full requirements for this position
- Those with more experience welcome to apply as well
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project) and Adobe Acrobat
- Jonas Management System for Construction an asset, but will train
- Knowledge of Trimble Accubid an asset, but will train
- 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break)
- Paid vacation
- Dental, health and vision benefits package
- Group RRSP eligibility
The Team You Will Be a Part of:
Roberts Onsite is one of Ontario’s largest multi-trade contractors providing high-quality construction services, and turn-key solutions for industrial, commercial, and institutional clients across Southern Ontario. For over 83 years we have been delivering electrical, mechanical, millwrighting, and rigging expertise for all types of building services, and process machinery installations.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Roberts Onsite; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. Roberts Onsite is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.