Roberts Onsite’s team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Mechanical Estimator position is located in Kitchener, Ontario and reports directly to the Chief Mechanical Estimator. The Mechanical Estimator will be responsible for all aspects of the estimating process and will ensure strict adherence to Roberts Onsite policies and procedures. The Estimator will liaise with customers to ensure continuity of work opportunities and with vendors to maintain a competitive edge within the industry. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare estimates of materials, labour, equipment and sub-trades costs for construction projects based on contract bid documents, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications;
- Review and advise on project tendering procedures, examine and analyze tender documents and recommend tender awards to suppliers and sub-trades;
- Participate in site review, tender review and tender hand-off;
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors;
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Act with the best interest of Roberts Onsite at all times;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in estimating-related duties, preferably on industrial and institutional projects;
- Education to include certification in mechanical estimating, construction program or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of estimate closing procedures, mechanical design interpretation, and construction processes including other trades and civil construction;
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated problem solver who is able to work within deadlines;
- Ability to work within a team and promote mutual respect for co-workers.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project) and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Trimble Accubid (Enterprise, Winpriser, ChangeOrder)
- 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with an hour lunch break)
- Paid vacation
- Group Benefits & Group RRSP eligibility